Thursday, November 04, 2010

Ohhh. Mah....Gah!!!!!!!!!!

I have read/seen several things lately that has really made me stop, scratch my head and say "hmmmmm"....


While driving to work yesterday morning, traffic slowed to a crawl. Once I was able to see a car on the side of the road with its blinkers on and trunk open, I assumed it was someone broken down. NOT! As I approached the car, I saw two men dragging a dead (I am only assuming it was dead, it LOOKED dead) deer from the median, through the metal fencing (to protect cars from hitting cars coming in the opposite direction) and into their open trunk.

EEEWWWWW!!!!!!!!!!!!
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

When I logged into my computer this morning, this story was highlighted on My Yahoo page....

Magazine Apologizes for Husband-Stealing Cover Star: Good Idea, or Who Cares?

Fhat the Wuck!?!?!?!

Really???

I have read a lot of magazines that featured Mrs. Brad Pitt on the cover and I don't ever recall reading an apology about Angelina's discretion's. What does LeeAnn have to do? Adopt a bunch of children from other countries and she will be forgiven of her sins?

I mean, come on! Life is to short to be unhappy, and I don't believe someone should be sentenced to life in a bad marriage.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

While riding home from work yesterday I heard this story on NPR...

San Francisco moving toward ban toward toys from most McDonald's happy meals

I give this story two....



And three......




I don't even know where to begin....When my kids were little, I was lucky if they would eat anything all day long. If a tiny bribe from a freakin' kids meal is what it takes, then what the hell is the harm? I know, I know...kids are fat these days. Well, I think one of the biggest reasons is technology. Kids have no reason to actually go outside and play like I did when I was little because they can be entertained for hours on end by pushing buttons on their i-pods, cell phones, lap tops, joysticks, remote controls, e-readers, i-pads.......the list goes on and on.

This story really touched a nerve with me and I hope this ban stays in crazy California where it belongs!


3 comments:

SSP said...

my question is, where they helping remove a hazard from the road.....or were they gonna take it home as a trophy!???

Charmed said...

No, I think they were going to either keep it for food or a trophy. It wasn't even close to being in the road.

Either way....GROSS!

SSP said...

bleah...men and their roadkill....