Tuesday, October 27, 2009

I do not mean to pry, but you don't by any chance happen to have six fingers on your right hand?

I dream every night.

A lot.

Lately I have been dreaming about babies.

Lots. Of. Babies.

Usually my dreams make absolutely NO sense. But, lately they have been making so much sense I wake up feeling a sense of loss.

They started with us having a baby girl and she was not well. The hospital told us they had a rule where we could not name her until her she lived on her own for three days. On the second night, she passed.

This weekend I dreamed we adopted two Asian children, a 4 or 5 year old boy and a 2 or 3 old girl. The girls name we changed to Laura and the boys we changed to Henry, those were the closest American names to their names. The dream continued and the last thing I remember is putting the children on a train to visit their birth parents, it was a stipulation of the adoption agreement, yearly visits. I kissed them both goodbye and told them I would see them soon. The door closed and the train left the station. I rain onto the tracks and watched the train disappear and in my heart I knew I would never see them again.

Last night I dreamed that we had quadruplets, 3 boys and 1 girl. They grew up so fast, and the only way I could tell the difference in the boys is one was taller. The other two, I would have to ask them "which one are you?" I never thought it was weird that I couldn't tell the difference in my own children. Silly huh?

I am not looking forward to going to sleep tonight. Sigh


5 comments:

ummmhello said...

There's probably some deep, hidden meaning here.
Or you shouldn't eat before going to sleep!

Charmed said...

I should definitely should NOT eat chocolate before bed! Horrible heartburn!!

loveandbooze said...

Are you pregnant?

Charmed said...

Nope!

bonsairick said...

For the longest time, I thought that WAS my name, "Which One Are You?" My grandmother could never remember. Oddly enough, she called my brother the same thing.