to describe my night last night with my 14 year old daughter.
1. A demand to explain, justify, etc.
1. A cutting, often ironic remark intended to wound.
2. A form of wit that is marked by the use of sarcastic language and is intended to make its victim the butt of contempt or ridicule.
3. The use of sarcasm.
1. An act of confronting.
2. The state of being confronted.
3. A meeting of persons face to face.
4. An open conflict of opposing ideas, forces, etc.
1. Ready or inclined to fight; pugnacious
1. Tending to argument or strife; quarrelsome
2. Causing, involving, or characterized by argument or controversy
1. Verbal exhibition of bad temper
1. To speak of in a slighting or disrespectful way; belittle
2. To reduce in esteem or rank
1. The act or an example of defying; bold resistance to an opposing force or authority.
2. Intentionally contemptuous behavior or attitude; readiness to contend or resist.
1. To argue against; dispute; deny; oppose
2. To argue about; debate; discuss
1. To engage in argument or debate
2. To argue vehemently; wrangle or quarrel
3. To argue or debate about
4. To argue against; call in question: to dispute a proposal
5. To quarrel or fight about; contest
6. To strive against; oppose