Thursday, September 17, 2009

Is it just me?

Or does it bother anyone else when you are driving down the road minding your own damn business and the radio station your listening to plays a commercial with a police or ambulance siren?

GGGGRRRRRRR......I HATE THAT!!!!!


It gets me every time! I get that funny feeling in my stomach and my eyes dart to my rear view mirror. And, then, I always feel stupid!

In my humble opinion, this is not safe. I would like to know how many accidents have been caused by drivers who have swerved thinking there was an ambulance with a dying child in the back trying to get around them?!?!?!?!

7 comments:

Smart Ass Sara said...

My problem? Listening to rap cd's in the car. I mean- it's kind of bad when my 4 year old daughter can rap to GUnit's "Beg 4 Mercy" but in almost EVERY rap song- sirens. Plus, my music is pretty loud, and so if there were real sirens- I'd likely never hear them, just assume it's the music. :(

Caro said...

I have too much road rage inside of me to even boother with the sound of an ambulance on the radio. I'm too busy screaming at the idiot in front of me :P

A Fist Full of Dandelions said...

I must not listen to the radio enough...I don't think I have ever experienced this.

The Peach Tart said...

It freaks me out too. I always think it's the police coming after me. So then I look down. No not speeding. No open alcohol in my car. OK. I'm safe.

Charmed said...

SAS: I know what you mean. My kids sing along to all the top 40 songs...and some of them have really dirty lyrics!

Caro: Ohhhh...I have the road rage too! I also hate it when you are merging from the right to the left lane to exit the highway and the car you are merging in front of speeds up and doesn't let you in front of them. GGGRRRRR!!!!

AFFoD: I think my problem is...I listen to the radio TOO MUCH!!

TPT: Glad to know others out there feel the same way I do!! :u)

Melanie's Randomness said...

YES!!! I agree with Smart Ass Sara with the rap songs. Leave out the sirens!! Pretty please! =)

Trenches of Mommyhood said...

And also? The commercials with a phone ringing. No matter what, I always reach for my cell when it happens, even tho it's totally a different ringtone than mine. Annoying!