Saturday, August 15, 2009

Time traveling...it has finally released me

As I lay in bed on a sunny Saturday morning, I should be sleeping. I have finished The Time Travelers Wife, and I can finally have my life back! But, my mind seems to think differently. Every time I shut my eyes, my head spins. Like a movie projector, my mind begins to replay various scenes as I had imagined them to look.

From the moment I opened her pages two weeks ago today, she has held me prisoner. Five hundred and thirty six pages of absolute captivation, every page left me wanting for more. She exudes every raw emotion of real life...love, lust, innocence, jealousy, sex, empathy, fear, desire, sadness, triumph, lies, happiness, heartbreak, acceptance, unconditionally love.

A small part of me is sad that she is now complete, that all the pieces now fit perfectly and all the unanswered questions have been answered. I find myself, strangely....wanting more.





6 comments:

kristi said...

Loved it and was disappointed when our local theater didn't show it this weekend. Maybe next weekend!

Yo is Me said...

exactly! that's exactly how i felt when i read it. such a beautiful book.

and then i read it twice more over the coming years.

i saw the movie this weekend. it was good, better than good. different, though. the book is obviously much better. but the book is so magical, any movie made couldn't be as magical.

eric bana shows his tush. a few times.

Charmed said...

Mmmmm....Eric Bana Booty!!

ummmhello said...

I felt the same when when I first read it, years ago. Such a magical story (and I love anything that features Chicago!)
I'm almost afraid to see the movie. I *hate* Eric Bana, but I have a girl crush on Rachel McAdams. Maybe I should just read it again and wait till it comes out on DVD....

Lauren said...

That is the most amazing, heart rending book ever. -tear- Can't wait to see the movie. :)

Charmed said...

I have the book on audio from audio.com, I think I am going to have to listen to it while I am working.