Friday, July 24, 2009

Snow White I am not...

So, I am trying to lose weight and I try to take a couple of walks a day while at work. Usually while on my walks I will see dragonflies, white tailed bunnies and every species of bird known to man.

I have even seen a baby fox/opossum/antelope looking creature dead in the pond that runs behind our building. Which was very sad, until something pulled it out of the water and cleaned the carcass to the bones, now, it's very disgusting.

But today, today, I DID NOT expect to see what I saw...

(not actual picture of said snake, I was running to fast to snap a pic of him)

I saw a fucking snake!!! A SNAKE!!!!!! And he had his head perched up at me looking me! OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Now, before you start to think what I wuss I am, I do live in the country and I have seen snakes before, but not one this big and not one in the defensive position. I was about 5 ft from him when I first saw him. The first thoughts that raced through my mind was....

"Oh fuck, what are snake rules: Do you look them in the eye or look away? No, dummy, that is dogs, you never look an aggressive dog in the eyes! Do you run or walk away? Or do you back away or run from side to side? No, wait, that is for bears! Do you be quiet or make noise? Oh shit!"

So, I slowly backed down off the bridge and sprinted as fast as I could in Vera Wang heels back toward the building keeping an eye on him.

I am now off to Target to soothe my soul with a mocha latte and some retail therapy.

Gawd...I love me some Target! And whoever thought to put a Starbucks in Targets was a freakin' GENIUS!

4 comments:

Organic Meatbag said...

Folks reading this: Trust me, I saw Charmed when she got back into the building, and she WAS freaked out...hehehe... do air horns work on snakes? Juggling? How do you really avoid a situation with a snake??
On the other hand...you said Wang!

Lisa said...

Scary!

- Lisa
http://losewithlisa.blogspot.com/

Melinda Zook said...

OMG, I would have spazzed! Snakes totally freak me out. Good thing you have a Target close by to get your through it. Mine is a half hour drive.

greta130 said...

I think you need to start looking up at the trees!!!

Starbucks + Target = My Happy Place.