Tuesday, July 07, 2009

Really?

I love reading PostSecret, some of the secrets really make me think. When I read the one below, it made me think how much I can relate to this particular secret. My college years were not the best time of my life.

Then I read an email comment sent by a reader that was posted below the picture:

"I feel sorry for those who do think this was the time of their life. They have around 60 years after this without a better time."

Wow, I couldn't agree more with that statement. What a miserable existence we would have if we continually compared our lives to our college days. I know life is hard, trust me, I have been there. But then I started thinking about all the good things in life...

Falling in love, having babies, buying your first place, starting a new job, getting flowers for no reason, Christmas, picking wild honeysuckle, vacations, hearing "I love you", sleeping in late, chocolate chip cookies, snuggling......the list goes on and on.

Yesterday is in the past, always live for today.

3 comments:

Organic Meatbag said...

If my college years had been the end of my life, I would have wanted my f*cking money back...hahaha!

Charmed said...

I know what you mean. I lived at home during college. Maybe if I had gone away and partied my brain away I feel different?

bonsairick said...

I went to Art College and DID party my brains out. We did some extremely strange things. But I wouldn't trade any of that for what I've got now. Don't WANT to go back to that. There was this one time though, when we all got naked and started sketching each other ... uh ... never mind.