Friday, May 22, 2009

My how time flies...

Fourteen years ago this weekend, I gave birth to my first baby girl. She may have been a week early, but she was certainly going to come into this world making some noise. After about 12 hours of being in labor, and only dilating to 2cm, the nurse checked me and told me I had a baby girl. Looking at her puzzled, I asked, "how do you know it is a girl?" She said, "cause I just stuck my finger in her hooty hoo, that's why!"

The contractions that had been pushing her into the birth canal had wedged her in and she was presenting as a Frank Breech, she was going to try to come out of me butt first! Her feet were pressed up by her head.

After this news, I was quickly rushed to an operating room and had an emergency c-section. I went in the hospital expecting to spit her out my vajayjay...not have her cut out of my tummy and uterus!

She is now a beautiful teenager who I love with all of my heart. She does however disagrees with everything I say. And we argue most of the time. And, we do not have the same taste in clothes. But....she is a teenager and I AM NOT. So, I will leave it at that.

Everyone, have a great Memorial Day weekend!!!



1 comment:

Kat @ For the Love of Chaos said...

Awww happy birthday to your daughter :) And what an eventful "welcome" - haha I wonder if she was in utero thinking, "Well excuse me!" hehe

Have a great weekend!!