Tuesday, May 05, 2009

How long is too long?

So, I went to the bank at lunch. Quick trip through the drive-thru, right? Wrong.

I pull up and I am the only car in line, I put my transaction in the little tubey thing and send it on its way. I then sit there for a second, notice the time and start to sing to the radio.

After a few minutes another song comes on the radio. Hmmm...doesn't usually take them this long. Wonder what is up?

After a few MORE minutes another song comes on. Hmmmm.....now I am really wondering what is up. Are they getting robbed and no one can come to the window? I can't see any movement in the bank or anyone coming out of the bank. So, this is definitely a possibility in my mind at this point.

I ask you, how long do you wait at a drive thru before you go in? You have already sent in your transaction...if the bank IS being robbed, I don't really think I want to walk into that mess.

As I ponder my decision I am finally helped by a teller, who offers no "I'm sorry for your wait" or "Kiss my ass" or anything.

How rude!

6 comments:

Organic Meatbag said...

That's when you wish somebody was in there pistol-whipping the rude tellers...

Charmed said...

I hear ya!

bonsairick said...

True story - I stood tugging on a bank door one day that had been locked ... they HAD been robbed and I had just nodded at the robbers as they walked past me. In ski masks. Duh. And then I went on a high-speed chase in a detective's car AFTER he drew his gun on ME thinking I was THEM.

Chuck said...

US Bank?

Charmed said...

Yes. I am a glutton for punishment.

littlemansmom said...

Ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmm...ya...that's too long


PS LOVING the new look!