Sunday, January 04, 2009

Smoke and mirrors...

So, Twinkie and I took a trip to the big town of Bardstown yesterday for some major girl time. Wow, did we have a great time. I decided to wear a pair of brown leggings paired with a denim skirt, a fabulous brown sweater and my new chocolate brown UGG boots. And just for the record, the sweater was a size M. I loved the sweater when I first saw it, but when I looked at the size and then realized it was big enough to fit me, it was so mine. Because, I have not worn a size medium, since I was 12 years old.*

I am so glad to know there is someone else who can walk into a Dollar Tree and be as excited as I am to know everything in the store is only $1.00!!!!! Twinkie bought some kick ass new kitchen glasses that were ultra cool. I stocked up on all the essentials we will need for a little shindig Dunnski and I throwing next weekend.

After our whirlwind trip through the Dollar Tree, we headed to our next favorite store, CATO. We looked around a bit and then we each filled a dressing room to try on lots of clothes. I try on several things and then I catch a glimpse of myself in the mirror. Ohh. Mahh. Gahhh. As I stand there in my brown leggings and oversized UGG's, I can only think one thing....from the waist down, I look like Shrek!!!




*okay, the sweater was really big, and it prolly had the wrong tag in it, but I don't care.

2 comments:

Melinda Zook said...

Too funny! Shrek's look isn't that bad. At least you're not green. I love leggings, they are so comfortable. Besides, that's the way everyone's wearing them. Well, except for the chic I saw wearing shorts with her Ugg boots. I was like, "what the heck" your feet are warm but your legs must be freezing!

Charmed said...

I have seen UGG's with just about everything, but never with shorts!!