Thursday, January 01, 2009

Good grief...


I took my girls shopping today at the mall so they could spend their Christmas gift cards and I even let them both take a friend. To my surprise, they were perfect angels, I had no problems at all out of four girls, two 13 yr olds and two 9 yr olds.

We drop off the two sisters that went with us today...and the bickering starts. I don't even remember what it was about. We get home, they are snapping at each other so I separate them. The youngest is now on the computer playing with her webkinz. She is freaking out because it is taking too long for something to load. I go in to check on her, and she has 3 other browser windows open to Barbie.com and they are all trying to load different things. I told her that she cannot have 4 windows open and them all trying to download pages at the same time. She, of course got mad and said she didn't open those pages. I know she didn't mean to, Barbie.com is her home page and she has NO PATIENCE so she clicked on the internet icon 17 times before it had a chance to boot up. She then leaves the room in tears and comes from the kitchen to tell me that the Coke from the freshly open 2-liter tastes like vomit, and that the ONLY thing she wants to eat in the house full of ready to eat food is crescent rolls that I have to cook (even tho we just had dinner). At this point, I am tying the rope to the ceiling fan that I am going to slip around my neck at any moment.

As she walks back toward the kitchen, from my bedroom, the oldest (who is in the family room) shouts a "what is your problem?" her way that makes the bride of Chuckie look like Cinderella. She comes back to the bedroom crying and flops on the bed. I banished her to her room until she dried up.

My oldest then wanders in, she got 4 vaccinations yesterday, so she is in the WORST pain of her life (except for when we were shopping today). She is crying like I did when Princess Diana's funeral was televised and her boys were following her coffin (and let me tell you...I cried for days, over a woman I didn't even know). She is complaining that she is tired and achy. But she WON'T go to bed, even though I keep telling her sleep will make her feel better. She just wants to stand in front of me and cry.

I am at my breaking point. I am rather warm so I need to turn my ceiling fan on, so the rope is now slinging across the room smacking me in the head and it passes over. I am so glad I picked up my little Natural Sounds Alarm Clock today at Target.


It is very relaxing and it will play nature sounds for up to two hours. Not bad for only $14.99. While I was at the mall, I went into Brookstone to look at their white noise machines, and they did have several. But the only problem was, I could not get any of the 7 personnel working to help me. They all wanted to wait on one man who was looking at a massage chair. Not cool.

So, I am tired of yelling. I am tired of screaming. I am going to sit in here in my bed and wait for Dunnski to get home from work so he can give me a big hug and make it all better.

2 comments:

Don said...

Love the license plate. Notice that it was all dinged up? That car (or the previous car it was on) was in an accident.

Good thing you have a Dunnski to help you get back to normal. Happy New Year!

Charmed said...

Yes, he is my life savior. I could not do it without him.