Tuesday, November 04, 2008

Uuuuggggghhhh...

I am wearing my Michael Kors chocolate brown and white skirt I picked up at TJ Max. I paired it with a burnt orange top and chocolate brown Mary Janes. Here is a picture of the fabric...


The problem you ask?

When we started to work and the daylight hit my 'OMG what a deal Micheal Kors skirt', it was black....NOT brown. How does a skirt look one color in a store and in your house, and another color in the daylight and at work????

I am now sitting at my desk wearing brown shoes with a black skirt. I am not happy. I am so going to Payless at lunch.

(I know what you are thinking..."that fabric looks brown?" NOPE! It is black!!)

5 comments:

ummmhello said...

That's totally happened to me!!!! Or you put it up against something in your existing wardrobe, and then it goes all chameleon and doesn't match!!!

Midwest Mommy said...

Really?
It has happened to me before but mainly with socks :-)

Dunnski Love said...

Yer such a girl.

Fiona said...

Dunnski...it matters!!! *L*

The store, real world colour thingy....that always seems to happen, I've bought blue-black thinking it was black only to have it turn bright navy when put next to a black skirt....whenever possible I insist on taking a garment to a window or near the door, to see the REAL colour (especially when dealing with black/brown/navy).

I can so empathise with you on needing to change your shoes!!!

Don said...

Sunlight can affect how some colors appear, particularly the darker ones.

I'm so lucky guys don't generally deal with this. We just wear what we want... ;)