Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Open House


Dunnski and I took the youngest to her open house at her school last week. We were talking about her teacher during the car ride there and I asked her if she knew her. She said that she did, and her teacher was African American. So, when we get to school we went to where her classroom was to be and I only saw one woman in the room, and she was not African American. So, I kept looking thinking that maybe her teacher was in a different room. After several minutes I finally came back to the room I had originally came to and asked the woman if she was Ms. T, and she said that she was. I stood there a little confused, but then after a second, I figured out what my daughter meant to say. Her teacher wasn't African American.....she was Native American.

Kids.