Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Grace strikes again...


Sunday we had a house full of family for dinner. The leaf was put in the dining room table and the extra chairs were carried up from the basement.

Dinner was fabulous, Dunnski fired up the grill and we had the most amazing steaks. Everything was perfect, the evening flowed well and then everyone went home.

Cork (my oldest) and I started to take the chairs back to the basement.

Here is where the story gets interesting.

I ALWAYS hold on to the hand rail when I am going up or down a flight of stairs. I have trouble not falling down walking on solid ground. So, I start down the stairs with the chair enveloped in my left arm and my right grasping the hand rail. I get about 2/3 of the way down and my flip flopped foot missed a step. Yep, I went down like a sack of concrete and slid to the second step from the bottom like there was no tomorrow. It hurt like holy hell. As I was sliding to my final destination, the damn chair I was holding was bouncing on top of my body like a child on a trampoline. When I finally did stop, I just sat there and thought to myself, "did this just happen, why the hell didn't I catch myself?"

Anyhoo, I went to the doctor Monday morning to get checked out. I have a bruise and knot the size of Manhattan on my left hip and my entire left arm and hand is sore. The doctor did a couple of x-rays and I cracked a rib and I tore something in my shoulder blade. Yeah, Grace is not my middle name.

5 comments:

Gypsydoodlebug said...

OH HOLY COW. Well, at least you won't have a cast as a fashion accessory at the 9One party. See you there!

Dunnski Love said...

No, but I've considered making her wear a helmet.

SDunn said...

Damn girl...I hope your back is okay!
Are you getting a "pink" helmet?

Charmed said...

Doodlebug - Oh my, thank goodness for that! My doc told me that I have very strong bones!

Dunnski - ha ha ha!

Lynn - Yeah, I am good, just sore.

Fiona said...

Ouch, ouch, ouch. I hope everything knits back together soon!!!