Tuesday, April 15, 2008

@$#%&%)

One of my jobs at work is payroll. As you all know, today is April 15th.

I ask you a simple question. Why do people think that I should stop EVERYTHING I am doing to get them another copy of their W/2 that was provided to them in January?!?!

I DID NOT procrastinate and wait to the last minute to complete my taxes and I DID NOT misplace my forms.

I DO on the other hand have my own work to complete on a deadline. All year long, I am more than happy to reprint check stubs when employees need them for car loans or mortgage refinancing. I have even reprinted up to 5 years of w/2's for child support cases. I understand there may be instances where you need a copy of a form, I am not unreasonable.

I sometimes wonder if I am working with adults or my children. Check stubs have social security numbers printed on them and employees just toss them in the garbage as if they are an old grocery list. I don't even want to know what happens to the W/2's that are lost.

I guess, I just wish people were more responsible. Is that asking too much?

3 comments:

ummmhello said...

Isn't that the worst?! People wait until the last minute and then blame their delays on everyone else. ESPECIALLY that mean payroll woman who won't get them a copy of their W2! Just kidding :)

Fiona said...

I empathise with you. While not running payroll, I have some overall payroll responsibility. The same thing happens here and you know, most of the time it's pure damn laziness in that it's easier to ask for another copy than to dig around a little to find the original. I think we should put a fee basis on some of the work we do, when it's duplication. Bet they'd soon spend more time looking before asking!

Nicole said...

Amen sister!