Thursday, February 28, 2008

Do you ever...

have one of those dreams at night that just stays with you during the next day? I dream almost every night. Most of the time they are silly and do not make any sense. But, some nights, they are so real. Last night I dreamed that my Dad was in a car wreck going to work. I was at home getting ready for work and a police woman came to the door and told me that I had 'lost' my Dad in a car accident. When she first told me this, I thought they meant they couldn't find him. She then said he had died in the wreck. I was so upset, I cannot even begin to explain the feelings. I left home and went to the hospital and he was there and he was alive, he was just badly burned. He was sitting up in the bed and talking to me. I was so relieved that he was OK.

This morning when I woke up, I was so drained. I felt like I had been up all night crying. It seemed so real. So real, that today my head even hurts like I have been crying for a long period of time. Does this ever happen to anyone else?

3 comments:

ummmhello said...

Oh yes, dreams have worn me out and felt so real that I hurt in the morning. Whether dreaming of someone being hurt, or dreaming that someone I've lost (like my dad) is suddenly alive and well. Hope you're able to shake it, and tonight's dream show is better!

Twinkie said...

I've been known to actually cry in my sleep. It's horrible. I feel for ya!

At least you can rejoice that it's not true!

Hugs!!!

Melinda Zook said...

Yes, that happens to me too. It is so freaky because it feels like you actually went through it and then you have to wake up and go about your day. Good thing it was a dream though, but you still might want to find out if there is something else bothering you.