Monday, February 18, 2008

Another eventful evening...

comes to a close. My youngest was dancing around and swinging my bedroom door around. She decided to shut the door but forgot that her left hand was in the other side of the doorway, where the hinges are. Once the door smashed her index finger flatter than a pancake and it turned three different colors, she started breathing again, and then the crying started. I immediately put ice on it and gave her Advil. But I was worried it was broken, so we headed to the nearest ICC, which just happens to be less than a mile from the house. As we were leaving my ex called to talk to the girls, so my oldest fills him in and he is on his way home from work so he meets us at the ICC office. I was a little worried about this since we do like to argue, but we were able to act like calm civilized adults for the 55 minutes that we were together. The doctor x-rayed her little hand and her finger is not broken, just very badly bruised. We brought home a latex glove and I filled it with ice and she is sleeping with my homemade ice pack on her sore little flat finger.

5 comments:

Melinda Zook said...

Aw, the poor baby!!! Hope it heals up quickly.

Pennies In My Pocket said...

Awww poor little one! I'm so sorry to hear about that...that's just no fun at all.

Thanks for droppin' a line on my blog. SO happy you could pick up some gift certificates for eating out!! I just love the 50% off sales on food! hahaha

~melody~

ummmhello said...

Poor thing! Glad it turned out okay. I swear every parent I know has been in the ER or finger smashes at one point in their lives :)

Charmed said...

The doc called last night to confirm that the finger wasn't broken. He went ahead and sent the x-rays off to have looked at closer because the finger looked so bad. We were very lucky this time.

Pippin said...

Oh I so understand that pain. I recently slammed 2 fingers in a garage door.

Sorry to hear.