Monday, January 21, 2008

I don't know about you...

but when the phone rings at my house at 4:52am, it is either a family member en route to the hospital or Mr. Heavy Breather on the other end. Soooooo, this morning when my phone rang I jolted out of bed and ran into the kitchen expecting the worst. What I found was my teenager daughter...on the phone, laughing, with her head stuck in the fridge. She was, of course, in the process of making herself a sandwich. I stood there in amazement not knowing what curse word to say first. Then I simply chose to say, "What ARE you doing?!?!" She looked up and said, "I'm making a sandwich, I'm hungry." I continued to stand there in my bewildered state wondering if I was dreaming. She then looked at me and said, "It's OK, Mom - Kayla and I have been up all night talking on the phone, isn't that great!" To which I replied, "NO!, you have to babysit your sister today, so get your hieney off the phone and go to sleep!" Ugh....teenagers!

2 comments:

ummmhello said...

That's hilarious! One time when I was a headache inducing teen, I spent an 8 hour marathon on the phone with the same person. To this day, we still have NO idea what we talked about or why we were on the phone so long :)

Charmed said...

*Sigh* - and her 8 yr old sister is right behind her! What is funny is...she was talking to her cousin who lives 500ft from us!! They had spent most of the afternoon together. WHAT ON EARTH COULD THEY HAVE BEEN TALKING ABOUT???