Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Say what????

I live in the great state of Kentucky and I must say until yesterday I had never paid attention to the Gubernatorial Oath of Office. There is actually a line stating that the governor will not or has not fought in a duel with a deadly weapon. Please see below.

Oath of Office:

I do solemnly swear (or affirm, as the case may be) that I will support the Constitution of the United States and the Constitution of this Commonwealth, and be faithful and true to the Commonwealth of Kentucky so long as I continue a citizen thereof, and that I will faithfully execute, to the best of my ability, the office of _____[the Governor]_____ according to law: and I do further solemnly swear (or affirm) that since the adoption of the present Constitution, I, being a citizen of this State, have not fought a duel with deadly weapons within this State nor out of it, nor have I sent or accepted a challenge to fight a duel with deadly weapons, nor have I acted as second in carrying a challenge, nor aided or assisted any person thus offending, so help me God.


Now, would these be considered deadly weapons?


What about hair pulling?


Sumo wrestling?


Thumb wrestling?


2 comments:

JoshK said...

I really want that thumb wrestling ring...I would take it to bars..and get into random matches

Charmed said...

Josh, you know what to do! Just ask SANTA!!!