Tuesday, December 18, 2007

I've had better days...


Went to the dentist today...have some cavities in my mandibular second molars. All 4 of them actually. I am not very happy. See, my old dentist, we will call him Dr. N, retired a couple of years ago. I have had, for a very long time, what Dr N called stains in the top of those two lower molars. He took many x-rays, he always said there was no decay. I always thought you had to have pain to have a cavity...I was wrong. I made an appointment with a new dentist for today, Dr. R. After a cleaning and 17 x-rays, it was determined that those lines in my back teeth were not stains, they are indeed cavities. He noticed two more very small ones in the two upper molars as well. I am not looking forward to this. I am 37 years old and these will be my first fillings, and hopefully my last.

3 comments:

my heart is young said...

poor dear

dentists, pfft

does your try to talk to you even when he's drilling away? It's bizarre when they try conversations when obviously you're somewhat held hostage...

well done for no fillings til 37 though, I have friends at 18 already with many!!

xx

Gypsydoodlebug said...

95% of my teeth are filled. Good times.

(P.S. You should have asked for gas. I get gassed -- and xanaxed -- just to have the wire changed on my braces. Because I? Am a total wuss.)

Charmed said...

I don't go back for the fillings for 2 weeks. They said they would numb me, is that not gassing me??? I want to be crazy silly. I HATE the dentist.