Monday, October 22, 2007

Vacation is over already?

It was a great week - we started with a quick stop in Atlanta to visit with Dunnski's brother, Scott, and his wife, Lynn. They had scored us some cool tickets to Six Flags over GA, so the boys could ride Superman. While the guys waited in the never ending line, Lynn and I managed to pay 8 bucks a piece for a cheeseburger. Hmm...it's amazing what you will do when you are hungry.

Destin was wonderful, despite the Red Tide, that happened to come ashore just about the time we came to town. No matter, it didn't break our spirit. The shopping was fantastic, was able to pick up a few early Christmas presents at Le Creuset. And for the girls, tons of new clothes at Aeropostale and The Children's Place.

Dunnski surprised me one morning with a trip to the spa that included a 50 minute massage, I am still feeling loosey goosey. My brother and his wife came down for a few nights, so we had a date night at Osaka Sushi Rocks. If you are ever in Destin, I highly recommend you dine there, it was the best sushi I have ever eaten.

We stopped at the U.S. Space and Rocket Center, in Huntsville, AL on the way home.

Saturday night was the Nickel Creek Concert...wow.
Which we ended with a midnight snack at The Raw Sushi Lounge. Have I mentioned I really like sushi?

2 comments:

Gypsydoodlebug said...

Welcome home! Hope you're rested!

MariaG097 said...

I am SO glad that you are home and I am equally glad that you had a MARVELOUS time!