Wednesday, October 24, 2007

I've got to go to Minnesota!!

Does anybody remember the Cheesarito from Taco Bell back from the 80's and early 90's?? It was my favorite menu item! I would order it every day when I was in college. When they took it off the menu, I would order it special and they would continue to make it for me. Mmmmm.....Cheesarito...yummy.

Apparently I am not the only one that was addicted to the little boogers:

*Cheesarito Description: This discontinued burrito had Mexican Pizza sauce, two helpings of cheddar cheese and green onions, all nicely steamed and melted.Never got to try this (thanks for the info Grace!) but thankfully there seem to be Taco Bells that still make this!Julie's Opinion: I still order this. I usually have to tell them how to make it. But it is sooooo worth it. Mmmm. . . . . warm melted cheesy goodness. This is the best old school item!

*Up here in Minnesota you can still get Cheesaritos at Taco Bell. You have to specifically ask for them, however. They still have the "cheesarito" button on the cash register, even though they don't list them on any of the menu boards, the sneaky bastards. Its like a special secret between the Bell and certain customers.
By J, at 4/14/2006 12:45 PM

*Posted: Sat Oct 16, 2004 6:49 am Post subject:
First Jay song?, I can't remember, it would've been whatever the first one he sang, at the first Uncle Tupelo show I saw in St. Louis. That was LONG ago. My FAVORITE "Jay song" story though... Back in "the day", Jay used to be a big fan of the, now long extinct, Cheesarito, at Taco Bell. After Taco Bell discontinued Jay's favorite item, he used to try to describe to Taco Bell employees, how to make one. They'd never quite get it right. He'd, generally, eat whatever concoction they'd whip up, per his instructions, and wonder why they couldn't figure it out. JUMP AHEAD 4 OR 5 YEARS..... I was on the road, with the Bottle Rockets. We pulled into a Taco Bell, on the way out of Minneapolis. I check out the menu, THEY STILL HAVE THE CHEESARITO!!! Gotta be the last one in the whole country. I HAD to get it, just to see what all the fuss was about. I get my Cheesarito, sit down, unwrap it, and, I SWEAR TO GOD THIS IS TRUE, at the exact moment I bite into the Cheesarito... "Drown" comes on the Taco Bell "music service"!!! I ain't lyin', it was friggin' weird! I've never seen a Cheesarito again. I've never heard Jay in Taco Bell again. What's it mean? Brian P.S. The Cheesarito was good. They should've never discontinued it...

4 comments:

Twinkie said...

LOVED the cheesarito. We should try to replicate it at home!

Charmed said...

Twinkie: Or take a road trip to Minnesota.

Charmed said...

Ohhh...I just had a thought. We could make a pitstop to see "The Daver" tee hee

Katie said...

Haha, this is hilarious I found this while google-ing "cheesarito." I live in Minnesota and get one every time I go to TB. :) It is definitely a secret between certain customers and TB and I'm convinced I'm in on it.