Thursday, October 25, 2007

The feeling surprised me...

I left work a little early today, traffic has been horrible with all the rain and I needed to get gas. I made it home with a little extra time to spare before I had to pick up my youngest at the Y, so I ran into the store to pick up a few groceries. I walked past the aisle that had the Thanksgiving and Christmas decorations. I had a few extra minutes so I browsed around a while. And then it hit me. It felt so good. I had almost forgotten what it felt like, to be genuinely excited about the holidays. For so long I had dreaded the time off from work, having to spend time with someone I didn't enjoy spending time with. I am so glad that part of my life is over and behind me. This year, the holidays will be wonderful.

1 comment:

Matt K. said...

Good for you, Charmed. Spending the holidays in unfriendly territory is no holiday at all.