Monday, October 01, 2007

The Easy Bake that wasn't...

Ash has an Easy Bake, it's not like the one that I had when I was little, mine was shaped more like a microwave, with a nice door that opened in the front.


Hers is like the one below.

I am not sure what genius designed this new Easy Bake Oven, I am 37 years old, and feel I am completely capable of cooking a "cake" in this "oven". But, when it is time to remove the "hotter than the surface of the sun" pan that the cake has been cooking in, you stick a plastic, yes, I said, PLASTIC, thingy in the oven. And it always, always, always gets stuck and it always, always, always starts to melt. So, I am trying to yank the stupid cake out of the stupid oven, I grab the top of the oven with my other hand and yell obscenities, because IT IS HOT!!! Then after the ointment is applied to my burns, my 8 year old is wandering through the house and says "shit", hmmm...wonder where she heard that word?

No comments: