Thursday, September 27, 2007

Silly stories...

I was thinking this morning on the way to work about some silly things my kids did when they were little. If you have kids, I KNOW you have stories to share, so please, I want to hear them.

Here a few of mine,



When my oldest, Cork, was 4, she brushed her teeth with a tube of Hydrocortisone cream. It was laying on the sink and it "looked like" a tube of toothpaste. Sooo....after it didn't lather like toothpaste, she came to me, I freaked and called Poison Control. She is 12 now, so needless to say, it did not harm her.

Another thing Cork liked doing when she was little was walk around with her tongue stuck completely out of her mouth...to see if she could get it to dry. You know, because it is SO annoying having a moist tongue all the time.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------




About a year ago, Ash, who was 7 at the time, was playing in my purse. She found a package of Ice Breakers Liquid Ice Mints. She asked if she could have one, and I told her she could. Well, she didn't exactly put it in her mouth once she got the mint out of the package. She thought it was cool that it was squishy...until it popped and squirted in her eye. No call to Poison Control on this one. Actually, the calls the PC actually go down drastically with each additional child you have. Live and learn.

Ash really likes to "collect" things. Her current collections include: erasers, The Littlest Pet Shop and crock charms. When she was around 4 or 5, she liked to collect leaves, from the yard and bring them in the house. She would bring them in and put them under the rug by the front door. It was a very frustrating time for me and her. I don't like leaves in my house. She would get really upset if a storm blew up and her "leaves" were blowing all over the yard. She want us to try to catch them all. I am very thankful she is over her leaf collecting stage.

No comments: