Friday, September 14, 2007

Corn hole at 9:00am??

We are having a tailgating party at work today to celebrate the big game tomorrow. GO BIG BLUE!!! So, of course, we begin the day with an exciting double elimination corn hole tournament out on the back lawn. 36 of our most talented corn hole enthusiasts (and some who just wanted to get out of work) began throwing bags of corn at 9 this morning. At lunch we are having fried chicken and all the fixins. YUMMERS. And after lunch a pep rally. Yeah, I am not going to get to get alot of work done today.

7 comments:

Gypsydoodlebug said...

I don't get the whole cornhole thing. When did it become an acceptable white collar thing to do? All my neighbors play it in our cul-de-sac (which, eerily, resembles Wysteria Lane) and it's apparently the in-thing to do. But I have yet to see anyone play horseshoes, and, after all, isn't it basically the same thing?

Idiot Savant said...

Uh, C-A-R-D-S, Go Cards!!

Charmed said...

Yeah, they will prolly stomp us, but I have to cheer for em'!!

Dunnski Love said...

I'm waiting for Jarts to make a comeback. Anyone remember Jarts? Hard to believe they took those off the market.

Charmed said...

Hard to beleive too, that lawn darts were banned in our backyard long before 1988, due to the unruly antics of my brothers. NEWMAN!

Idiot Savant said...

Yeah, I remember Jarts, I remember my brother throwing one at me. It is hard to believe winged, metal spears are not longer available.

Charmed said...

Mandy: I am sure in the next issue of posh Garden and Gun magazine, there will indeed be an article on the many joys of upscale backyard corn holing.