Friday, August 31, 2007

Some things never change

Last weekend, my ex had the girls. He told them that on Saturday they would go to a friends house and swim and then go to the KY State Fair. Instead, they helped his new girlfriends sister move into her new house, in Lexington. That is awesome fun for a 12 and an 8 year old!!

He emailed me last week and asked me if he could have them this weekend to take them to the lake with his family, his girlfriend and her two daughters. I said I would ask them and see what they thought and let him know. They liked the idea of spending the weekend with their new friends and getting to ride in their dad's new boat. He never really took them out in his boat when we were married. So, last night he picks them up for their long weekend. They were to leave tonight. He calls today on my way back from lunch to tell me that they will not be going to the lake. There will be too many people down there and it will just be too crowded. I then tell him not to bother to pick them back up tonight, Cork from my Mom's and Ash from school. I am pissed off!!!

How many times do you let your kids down before they just stop believing you? Three, thirteen, twenty-three times???? Well, my oldest is already there, the youngest on the other hand is still too young. It isn't that hard, if you say you are going to do something, then damn it...DO IT. If not, then keep your mouth shut!

1 comment:

Idiot Savant said...

From personal experience, I can tell you 15 years, but I still stood up for him in public for a few more years after that.