Tuesday, August 07, 2007

I don't know where all that attitude fits in that little body.

I am getting ready this morning and my youngest strolls past me wrapped up in her towel, from her bath, that was 20 minutes ago! I glance down at her with my "are you going to get dressed today" look, and she just looks at me keeps on walking. A few minutes later, she begins to try on 7 outfits and none of them suit her. She is just going to her Aunt's house to hang out and watch TV, not a fashion show. Not sure what she is dressing up for. Anyhoo, I finally get her sister up and she looks like a walking zombie. The youngest at this point still has not brushed her wet hair. Sigh, I ask her if she will please get a comb through her hair before it dries! She then says to me: "You want me look pretty when sissy's hair looks like a cheetah that has been ran over by a cow in a cow pasture and then attacked by a herd of wild dogs!" And it gets better, we still have no clothes on. I am walking out the door, I am already late and I have a naked child with an attitude. Well, she did have pants on. She informs me at this point that "you know the whole you have to wear a shirt thing?" To which I say "Yes, honey, you can't go around naked, you have to wear a shirt." She says "Well, I am not so much into that." Good lord, I have an exhibitionist on my hands!

5 comments:

MariaG097 said...

Hehe! And here I thought it was just me...I have a 6 year old that was possessed by the DIVA gene, too!

Good Luck!

Charmed said...

I would like to say she got a lot of that attitude from her father, but...that wouldn't be completely true. ;-)

Gypsydoodlebug said...

ah ha ha ha! When it comes to picking and choosing your battles, THAT'S one you need to pick!

Jessi said...

My 4yr old doesn't like to wear pants. If we're at home I don't fight it but if he wants to play outside, or if we go anywhere he has to put pants on. I'm just thankful he wears underwear. :)

Matt K. said...

Holy cow - she sounds like a panic!