Tuesday, August 07, 2007

Decree of Dissolution of Marriage

It finally came today. Two pieces of paper stapled together. It is done, it has been a long nine months. I am so tired, mentally and physically.

We would have been married 14 years next Tuesday. Do I regret it? No, it gave me my two beautiful daughters that I love more than life. It made me the strong, confident person I am today.

Two people who meet at 17 and marry young have a hard road ahead of them. We were so young, we didn't really know what we wanted. As time went on, we didn't make each other happy. We didn't have the same interests, we never showed affection for one another. We were roommates who had children together.

I will make sure to teach my girls that you need to find someone who truly makes you happy. Someone you like, not just love. The love will fade, and then, you are left with the person. And if you don't like them, you are not going to be happy. Also, find someone you have similar interests with. Doing things together is very important. I just want them to happy.

2 comments:

Matt K. said...

All too true - and as is often the case, learned about a dozen years too late. You could have been writing about my marriage there, with a few tweaks.

MariaG097 said...

I second that! Same with my ex-husband.

Thanks for the advice...Find someone you like, not just love. I have had it backwards, all along.