Thursday, July 19, 2007

Two more critters!!!

My girls have been with their dad this week. When he brings them home on Friday they will each have a friend with them, a rabbit. Their dad is really good about telling them they can have things - like the two cats he got them back in November, right before we separated. Even though I am VERY allergic to cats. I waited until January to have both of them fixed and given their shots. It wasn't cheap!! Three days after the surgery, the boy cat ran away. I think he was mad his manhood had been cut off a few days earlier.

So, when my oldest called Tuesday begging me for the rabbit, I said "let me talk to your dad". I tried to explain to him that he needed to talk them out of getting the bunny. They have enough animals, 2 dogs and a cat, we don't need anymore. He said "I will try". Later that night, I got a call from my girls saying they loved their bunnies. Yes, I said bunnies. Plural. Two bunnies. I said, "let me talk to your dad". He said that he couldn't tell them no, they were crying and my youngest bought her bunny with her birthday money. Ahhhhh......I don't care who paid for it....I still have TWO BUNNIES! So, my oldest then tries her darndest to talk me into letting the bunnies live in my basement. Ha Ha Ha, that is NEVER going to happen. I then told her the bunnies could live in one of the barns, to which she replied "ugh, that is to far to walk". I think I will be posting a lot of blog entries about the bunnies.

2 comments:

Jessi said...

Oh boy. Gotta love those exes...
Good luck with the bunnies.

Matt K. said...

Ditto from me on that. Beth just had to deal with her daughters' pet bunny dying. It was a really bad scene up to the end - messy rabbit droppings all over...