Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Out of the mouths of babes!

We sit down for dinner last night, and my youngest asked me a question. I can't even remember what the question was now, but that isn't important. My answer to her "question" was a "NO", of course. And she says to me "why can't you be like the Mom on Zack and Cody?" I looked at her and asked her what she was talking about! She then says to me "she always says, sure honey, go ahead, not a problem", when her kids ask her to do something, and then she smiled at me. I said to my darling, sweet daughter, that's because those aren't her real kids and it is in the script for her to say that!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

3 comments:

Dunnski Love said...

Plus, those kids are always getting into hijinks. Sure, we all learn a lesson, but at what cost?

Matt K. said...

When kids start seriously comparing real life to sitcoms, it's time for a sit-down talk (and reduced TV watching)!

Charmed said...

HELLO!! TV = free babysitter; while I am attempting to wash clothes, do the dishes, fix dinner, take out the trash, feed the critters, staighten up, pay bills, fight with my ex-husband, clean the toilets, must I go on??????????? She can compare me to any mom she would like, doesn't mean I am changin'. My house is the real world, TV is not.