Wednesday, July 25, 2007

How to make a grilled cheese sandwich...

So, I am at work (swamped) and the phone rings, it is my oldest asking me how to make a grilled cheese sammy. I say to her in my "Honey, I am really busy right now" voice, "can't you eat something else?" She says, she can't. I try to get her to use the panini machine, but she says she has to have more than just cheese on a sammy for it to be a panini. My head hurts. So, she then goes through all of the ingredients with me, bread, butter, cheese...oh yeah, how do you turn on the oven? Oh my, it's the stove, honey. So we finally figure out which knobby thing works which burner, by seeing which one turns red!! She opens the fridge and says that we have no cheese, now I know we have cheese. I tell her to look up and to her right, she then asks me if I can see her. Yes, that is what I said, my 12 year old asks me if I can see her! I told her that I could not see her, I just knew where the cheese was!! Then she butters all 4 sides of the bread. Hmmmm....that's not right, so we start again. Ahhhh....I am so busy, but I don't want her to harm herself or burn our house down! Oh, I've got it, I can transfer her call to Dunnski! He can talk her through it!! So, the transfer goes through and the story gets better. As the first one is cooking she is looking for a can of soup and burns it. So, she makes another one and burns it too. Finally the Great Dunnski talks her into using the Panini machine! If she had only listened to her mother in the first place. So, she finally gets her sandwich and turns all appliances off. He hangs up as she is warming up her soup. But, did she put in a bowl, she isn't warming it up in the can, is she??? Oh my, I may need to call home.

5 comments:

Dunnski Love said...

Please continue to refer to me as The Great Dunnski, both in print and in person.

Thank you in advance for your cooperation.

Charmed said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Idiot Savant said...

Next time, tell her to plug in the iron - http://www.southphillyblocks.org/photos_essays/grilled_cheese/

Megs said...

Lol...you had me crackin up with this one....one day I look forward to stories of my own just like this lol...not quite sure how you keep your sanity!

Matt K. said...

Holy cow. Have I mentioned lately that on some levels I'm so very glad I never had children? I'm not so sure my nerves would have survived... I prefer dogs: the children that never go to college, ask for the car keys, or have drunken parties in your home. (Though they do have that darned chewing and pooping thing...)