Friday, June 01, 2007

A year she will never forget...

My youngest has had a very rough year. We moved out of our house last July on her 7th birthday and into my parents basement while our new home was being finished. In August she started a new school with some old friends, but mostly new ones. Our new house was ready in mid-September. School was a struggle for her, she was in second grade and was reading on 1st grade level. This was very frustrating for her, reading did not come easy, like it did her big sister. This was one of the many disagreements between her dad and I. He thought we should have held her back in 1st grade. I did not want to hold her back. I talked to her teachers and principle of the new school and arranged for her to be in a split 1st/2nd grade class. By the first of December she was reading on grade level. She worked so hard and I am so proud of her.

Then in mid December, her dad and I separated. She is so young and she doesn't understand why we can't get along. She asked me the other day if Daddy could live in the basement and we could live in the upstairs, and that dad and I would never have to see each other. I explained to her that Mommy and Daddy still love her and her sister but we can't be the way we were. I understand how she feels about her dad. I am the only girl in my family and I believe my Dad hung the moon and the stars just for me! And he can do no wrong and fix anything.

I worry about her so much, she has been through alot this past year. School will finally be out next Tuesday, that will help with her stress level. Her dad is taking them a couple of weeks this summer for vacation, she is really excited about that. And I have someone in my life that I love very much and he loves us. All of us, just the way we are, bumps and all.

No comments: