Wednesday, June 06, 2007

Potatoes don't grow on trees!


I stopped by the grocery on the way home tonight to pick up a few things for dinner. I was checking out and the bagger boy was putting a bag of potatoes in my cart. And he casually mentioned that he thought potatoes grew on trees, that a friend of his had told him earlier in the day that they grow in the ground. He thought that was the craziest thing he had ever heard and that she was so silly for thinking that. And then he looked at me to confirm or deny how spuds are indeed born. I had to break it to him that they are actually grown in the dirt.

3 comments:

Dunnski Love said...

Der.

Charmed said...

I asked him if he ever wondered why sometimes they looked dirty?? He just looked at me, I guess he didn't.

evil cake lady said...

wow, that's....wow.