Thursday, May 24, 2007

What a difference 24 hours can make!

This morning was MUCH better! My youngest was in a great mood. Which is way not the norm for her. She gets to see her dad tonight, she is excited about that. Every other weekend just isn't enough for her right now. She really misses him. Every time the phone rings she runs to it thinking it is him, it isn't. If we miss a call, she says "what if it was Daddy". It breaks my heart to see her hurting.

She is trying to balance the confusion of missing her dad and seeing me happy. I think this is probably the first time she can remember me happy. Her Dad and I were not happy for a long time. I have her talking to a really good child therapist and we are making strides. As a parent, I can't help but feel responsible for her unhappiness. I am there to kiss boo boos, wipe away tears and stay up all night when she is sick. But I cannot make this better for her, no matter how hard I try.

1 comment:

Megs said...

That has to be hard on you. Hopefully it will get easier for her.