Monday, May 28, 2007

My first baby

Twelve years ago today, Memorial Day 1995, at 9:10 am my first baby was born. She had to be delivered by c-section, because she was Frank breech, which means she was trying to come into the world bottom first. And yes, she has continued to be just as stubborn! When you have a c-section, you don't get to hold your baby like you do in a normal delivery. You have just had major surgery and you have to be sutured and taken to recovery. This was my first baby, I didn't know how things would be, I just remember I wanted to see my baby. It was a couple of hours later and I was in my room and I can remember this like it was yesterday. They brought her in the room in her bassinete, she was so beautiful. Her color was good, she had a head full of hair and she was sleeping. I had an overwhelming feeling of peace come over me at that moment, that I have never experienced again.

No comments: